Returning To Work In A COVID-19 World
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, we must remain diligent in our social distancing and health & safety practices. The COVID-19 pandemic has changed our understanding of “normal” and as employees all across Windsor/Essex and Ontario prepare to go back to work, it’s important for them to feel comfortable and safe in their work environment.
For a ‘return to work’ plan to be effective, health measures must be enacted to keep customers and employees safe. The following article will discuss a few things to remember when returning to work in a COVID-19 world.[/fusion_text][/fusion_builder_column]
Health & Safety Regulations
Employers in Ontario are obligated to keep their work environment safe and hazard-free -the need for employers to maintain health and safety protocol is magnified during a worldwide pandemic. Here are a few things employers can do to ensure they are creating a safe work environment for their employees as they return to the office:
- Proper social distancing measures in specific workspaces (i.e. restructure existing workspaces to ensure there is a minimum of 6 feet between each employee, install 54” H divider panels in sitting areas where a 6-foot distance cannot be achieved, install 66” H divider panels in standing areas where a 6-foot distance cannot be achieved.)
- Access to health/sanitation products (i.e. install hand sanitizer stations, fully stocked hand soap, paper towels, personal tissues, disinfectant wipes)
- Dedicated Traffic Flow – Provide directional signage on floors and walls to indicate the new traffic flow guidelines. Use barriers & dividers to help facilitate proper traffic flow.
Changes to the workplace were designed to protect employees/customers (i.e., installing glass panels to prevent the spread of airborne particles, installing cubicles opposed to desks, etc.)
How Monarch Basics Can Help
Monarch Basics wants to help keep your business safe and functioning. Here are a few things we can provide you:
- Sanitation Products (Masks, Hand Sanitizer, Disinfectants, etc)
- Protective Devices (freestanding dividers, sneeze guards, plexiglass barriers, COVID signage)
- Workspace planning and reconfiguration services to prepare the workplace for a Covid-19 world
Retrofit existing stations for social distancing compliance
All of our products and services are offered at unbeatable prices – speak to one of our customer service representatives for assistance designed to meet your unique business needs.
Returning to work amid a pandemic is unprecedented. At this moment in time, everyone is on the same page in terms of adjusting and adapting to the new normal. Employers need to be patient with their employees and their ability to adjust to new working conditions. Furthermore, it’s important for employees to feel comfortable enough to speak to management about their concerns if they have them.
If you’re looking for brand new office equipment, furniture, and devices for your workplace due to the COVID-19 pandemic, feel free to contact Monarch Basics today. We’ll assess your workplace needs and ensure you’re supplied with high-quality products that will improve workplace functionality and safety.